Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 8: Beautiful Moments

This weekend is Thanksgiving here in Canada.  Today, as we gather with with family and friends, I'm reminded of this Peanuts comic (Excerpt from IMBb)...


Charlie Brown: [reading a letter to Snoopy about his promotion to head beagle] Well, I'll be.
[hands the letter to Linus, who also reads it]
Linus van Pelt: Well, I'll be!
Charlie Brown: Who else do you know whose dog's just been promoted to head beagle?
Lucy van Pelt: Head beagle? That stupid dog can't be promoted to head beagle! He'll bring ruination upon the country! He'll destroy us all! He's inept, he's incompetent, he's...
Snoopy: Hmph! If you don't mind, the head beagle would like to be alone to prepare his acceptance speech!
[hops off his dog house and kicks it]
Charlie Brown: I recognize that kick. That's the kick of someone who'd like to be alone to prepare his acceptance speech.
Snoopy: I don't think that's an unreasonable request.
Charlie Brown: And considers that a reasonable request.
Lucy van Pelt: Weird!
[She, Linus, and Charlie Brown leave]
Snoopy: [proudly] Just think - head beagle! I wish I knew where Mom was. Beautiful moments are meant to be shared.



Source: None via Andrea on Pinterest



Thanks for stopping by and sharing beautiful moments with us.





This post is part of my blog series, "31 Days of Words to Live By".  For the month of October, I will be sharing my favourite quotes and sayings while incorporating them into daily life and art projects.

This series was inspired by The Inspired Room, where you'll find other "31 Days" series among many other wonderful things!
.

1 comment:

Thank you for your thoughts.