Saturday, April 23, 2011

Another Man's Treasure

In honour of my favourite Time Traveler (more on that shortly), I thought I'd share a little blast from the past.

When I was taking art in college, I experimented with incorporating unusual things in some of my work.

This first painting is one of my favourites and hangs above Oliver's change table at the moment.



The textured black foreground is a combination of sand, dryer lint, and acrylic paint.



This next painting is somewhat inspired by the Three Little Pigs fairytale.  Except in this version, the pigs are the big bad characters.



This one incorporates actual garbage items such as fast food trash, hamster treats, plastic and paper bags, shredded newspaper, and string.  Everything is sealed in with a two part apoxy that dries hard and shiny.


I really enjoyed my time studying art in college.  It was wonderful being surrounded by such a creative environment and people who encouraged experimentation.

Let me know what you think.  Any comments or criticisms are welcome!



Now for the wibbly wobbly timey wimey time traveling part ...

Is anyone else super excited for the new episode of Doctor Who tonight?
For the first time ever, this British show is premiering in North America on the same night.
I may be revealing my inner geek here, but I've been so excited since I found out a week or so ago...

Geronimo!


Thanks for dropping in.


6 comments:

  1. I love your art work, the pigs are fantastic! I did art at college and loved it. Your work is inspiring and makes me want to paint again, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hubs loves Dr. Who, too. Love the first painting! Who knew dryer lint could be incorporated into art? Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic work Andrea! You are very talented!!! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I started on COPD Herbal treatment from Ultimate Life Clinic, the treatment worked incredibly for my lungs condition. I used the herbal treatment for almost 4 months, it reversed my COPD. My severe shortness of breath, dry cough, chest tightness gradually disappeared. Reach Ultimate Life Clinic via their website www.ultimatelifeclinic.com . I can breath much better and It feels comfortable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was diagnosed with the HERPES virus and I have tried everything possible to cure myself, but all to no avail, until I saw a post in a health forum about a doctor preparing herbal medicines to cure  HERPES virus, at first I doubted it was real, but decided to give it a try, when I contacted  Dr.Ishiaku on whatsapp (+2348180828544) and he prepared medicine and sent it to me with the help of  DHL delivery company, when I received this herbal medicine, he gave me step-by-step instructions on how to apply it, after applying it the way they directed me, I was totally cured of this deadly disease called HERPES, all thanks  to Dr. Ishiaku

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts.