Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Creation of Cottage Chairs

Ok let's get to it and have another look behind the easel...

Today's drawing is

Cottage Chairs

When I was a little girl, my Mom and I started renting a friend's family cottage.

I've been going back there for a week every summer since then.

My husband and I went there for our honeymoon.

The cottage is right on Lake Huron and is home to these unique chairs built for two, which overlook the shore.

Here's a look at the beginnings of this drawing...



Next, the chairs are more developed and receive more detail.

I also started to incorporate some beach grass and vegetation, but in the finished product you'll notice that they've dissappeared.




While developing this drawing, I thought that the plantlife became a distraction.  So I removed them to place more emphasis on the chairs.




The addition of swirls at the foreground transforms the piece from a picture of chairs into an image that is more imaginative.


Here's the end result...



What do you think of this drawing?

Any thoughts are much appreciated in the comments section below...

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea, my name is Debbie. I was scanning through Google images and came across this sketch of the cottage chairs. Its breathtaking. It invokes such a story. I'm now so intrigued that I must look at all of your drawings. Thank you for this inspiring glimpse. I'm tempted to look into charcoal work myself. Once again, thank you and please carry on, you are amazingly talented.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie! Thank you so much for your kind and encouraging words. I will think of them whenever I need the motivation to keep creating (which can be quite often sometimes). Thank you. If you do try charcoal (or any medium) I'd love to see your work too sometime!

      Delete

Thank you for your thoughts.